This is the engine body before cleaning.
This is the engine body after having a bath.
The locomotive was missing the drawbar, so I fabricated this one.
I soldered onto it a pin.
The drawbar was attached to the engine.
The bottom of the drawbar before painting.
The original open-frame motor was attached to the gearbox with a piece of tubing.
The parts I used included:
- A sagami can motor and flywheel
- An NWSL universal joint
- A washer with holes drilled to be attached to the front of the motor
- An angle bracket to be attached to the washer
- A strip of brass to keep the gearbox at the correct angle
A set of diodes was configured for constant lighting.
The diode assembly was installed into the body.
The original motor was removed from the chassis.
The new can motor and drive shaft assembly was installed.
Rear view of can motor and drive shaft assembly.
This is the original smokebox cover.
The upgraded smokebox cover. Also notice that clear marker lamp lenses have been installed.
A view of the locomotive after cleaning but before marker lamps have been installed.
A left side view of the completed locomotive.
Left side view of the engine. Note the red marker lamp lens and the flywheel inside the cab.
Right side view of the completed locomotive. Note the red marker lamp lens and the flywheel inside the cab.
The red marker lamp lens is more easily seen in the closeup view.
Note the installed headlights and the marker lamp lenses.
Left side of the tender. Note the green marker lamp lens at the rear.
Right side of the tender. Note the green marker lamp lens at the rear.
Rear view of the tender. A reverse headlight lens and red marker lamp lenses have been installed.
Oblique view of the rear.
A correctly sized box was found and foam was cut for the locomotive.